|Verein:||AFS Interkulturelle Begegnungen e.V.|
|Projekt:||AFS-Flanders Festival Limburg|
|Laufzeit:||ab Mitte Februar 2010 - 6 months|
|Sprache im Projekt:||keine Angaben|
Diese Stelle ist nicht mehr verfügbar!
Bewerbungsbeginn für die Abreise im Sommer eines Jahres ist immer der 1. September des Vorjahres. Bewerbungsschluss ist 30. September.
Bewerbungsbeginn für die Abreise Anfang eines Jahres ist immer der 1. März des Vorjahres. Bewerbungsschluss ist der 30. März.
For this project we prefer a volunteer:
- that is older than 20 years
- has a great interest in arts in general and in classical music
- knows more than 1 language (not necessarily Dutch)
- has good writing skills and is familiar with PC-work
- has great interest in communication
AFS, the coordinating host organisation, strongly believes in theintercultural learning aspect of an EVS-experience. Therefore, thevolunteer will be living with a volunteer host family, as we believethis is the best introduction to Flemish culture and a greatopportunity to integrate in the local community. Volunteers should bewilling to share in the host family's daily life (spend some free timewith them, occasionally join the family on activities outside thehouse, eat together, give a helping hand in the household... ) andshould be motivated to live with and learn about Flemish people ofdifferent ages and opinions. They should also be willing to adapt tothe local eating habits. On the other hand, we guarantee a family thatis interested to learn about the volunteer's culture and background andthat respects his/her values and beliefs. Living in a host family is anexcellent opportunity for both the volunteer and the family to broadentheir cultural horizons!
Candidates who clearly prefer to live independently or together withother volunteers, are advised not to apply for this project.
1. Host organisation:
The Flanders Festival in Limburg is a non-profit organisation, whoseaim it is to spread the classical music to the largest possibleaudience through a yearly festival in june and the 1st fortnight ofjuly. The festival is co-organiser of the art and heritage festival"Artuatuca" (Atuatuca Tungrorum is the ancient Latin name of Tongerenin the Gallo-Roman period. Artuatuca refers to Art and History).The organisations is part of the well known Flanders Festival that spreads its activities all over Flanders.The staff of the festival in Tongeren is rather small: 3 staff membersare working for the Flanders Festival Limburg, 2 for the Arts andHeretage Festival: in total 5 staff members.
Apart from the staff, there is a large group (25) of volunteers in thefestival period, helping with the practical and technical aspects of thefestivalactivities.
The target group is the general public, in the first place from theregion. But the festival also wants to reach people in the EuregioMaas-Rhin area. Helping in realising this, will be one of the tasks ofthe EFS-volunteer. Within this large target group, the festival aims atyoung people that are attracted with special activities.
2. Project environment:
The project will be organized within the non-profit organizationFlanders Festival for the festival Artuatuca. The festival secretariatis located in Tongeren, a city of 30.000 inhabitants. The festivalactivities are organized in the southern part of the province ofLimburg, a rather rural region called 'Haspengouw', with - apart fromTongeren - the smaller cities of Bilzen and Borgloon and the largercity Sint-Truiden. This area has borders with the Belgian Province ofLiège and the Dutch Province of Limburg and is thus a cross point ofdifferent cultures.
3. Experiences with volunteering: the festival organization is buildupon the cooperation of a large number of volunteers (both youngstersand adults with a long state of service as volunteer). The volunteersare managed by the festival secretariat.
4. The volunteer should be open to other cultures and have a great interest in the arts and in classical music.
The Project:1. Motivation of the organization to host a international volunteer:
- it is our task as organizations to give opportunities to young peopleto enlarge their view on the world and to create chances to get usefulexperiences
- it is an opportunity to introduce new ideas and new points of view in our organization
- since we are a small staff, we can use every form of help to organize the festival.
2. Festival's offer:
The main task of the volunteer will be helping us in the communicationfield, and especially in the international aspects of communication.The volunteer will have the chance to work in an internationalenvironment (a international oriented festival, communication over theborders) and to learn in the field how cultural communication works(from building up a database to developing writing skills).
- international communication (in the Euregio area) (preparation: feb - march; ralization: april - june)
- helping on the practical organization of the festival activities(concerts, theatre, etc.) (april - june; about 40% of the task)
4. Week schedule: a 35 hrs week, devided over 5 days. On officialBelgian Hollidays the secretariat is closed, unless in the festivalperiod from June 1 to July 15. In that period the secretariat functionson a 7 days per week regime. Extra hours can be recuperated after thefestival. The volunteer will have two holidays per worked month - whento take these holidays needs to be discussed with the staff.
5. AFS will provide language courses (part of the 35-hour week schedule).
Reference number: 2006-BEFL-46