|Verein:||Internationale Jugendgemeinschaftsdienste LV Berlin e.V.|
|Projekt:||Kindergarten und Bildungsstätte|
|Laufzeit:||ca. 15.09.2013 - ca. 31.08.2014|
|Sprache im Projekt:||Polnisch|
Mann oder Frau zwischen 18 und 26 Jahren
Weitere Informationen findest du unter
Deine Bewerbung nehmen wir ab dem 15.9. gerne an. Bewerbungen werden zwar das ganze Jahr über angenommen, aber bitte bewirb dich frühzeitig. Die Bewerber/innen werden ab Oktober monatlich zu Bewerbungstagen eingeladen und die Einsatzstellenplätze werden verteilt.
Den Bewerbungsbogen findest du unter:
The House of Morawa is located in Lower Silesia, Poland, approx. 60 km southwest of Wroc³aw, 70 km from the Czech boarder and 150 km from the German boarder. It belongs to the municipality of Strzegom, a city about 4 kilometres away with a satisfactory infrastructure including shops, banks, church, medical and other services. The village of Morawa where the House is located counts approx. 200 inhabitants. The House itself is surrounded by a park of approx. 12 ha including a pond, a stream and woodland. The park was classified a historical monument.
The House of Morawa is a nursery school and educational training centre run by a Polish foundation called Fundacja œw. Jadwigi. The Foundation was initiated by descendants of the former owners of the House. After the end of communism in Poland in 1989 they found the House in decay and, following a century old family tradition of charity and welfare in Morawa, decided to revive it as a place of reconciliation between Polish and Germans.
The purpose of the foundation is the education of pre-school aged children from families particularly in need. The education is provided by way of a free-of-charge day-care nursery school (8 a.m. to 3 p.m.) on the basis of the Christian ethic. The nursery school disposes of several rooms within the house, a playground in the garden surrounding the house and a kitchen, which provides a daily hot lunch for the children. The nursery school has capacity for 30 children.
The foundation further runs an educational training centre for teenagers and adults. The purpose of the training centre is to promote the understanding of Polish and Germans through workshops and seminars for participants from both nationalities. The training centre disposes of several class rooms, informal meeting rooms, a library, a dining hall, where three meals a day are provided by the house\'s kitchen, as well the capacity to host up to forty guests overnight in twenty bedrooms with attached or adjoining bathrooms.
Among others, activities of the training centre include:
- Qualified seminars on the educational theory of Maria Montessori
- Vocational training for social workers (mainly psychologists and pedagogues) in order to prepare
them for the organisation and running of the encounter groups.
- Classes on German language and regional studies
- Seminar on the German, Polish and Czech history of Silesia
- Tandem classes German for Polish and Polish for Germans.
- German-Polish encounters and Polish regional studies
- Trilateral school competition German - Polish - Czech
- Psychological and pedagogical seminars and workshops
- Vocational training in Socio-Therapy
- Advanced classes for psychological teacher-trainer
- Summercamp for children from the cities
The volunteer can join the pedagogical team and help in the nursery school.
She/He can also (either-or) help at the educational training centre, especially in:
1. German-Polish encounters and Polish regional studies
2. Seminar on the German, Polish and Czech history of Silesia
3. Classes on German language and regional studies
4. Trilateral school competition German - Polish - Czech
The volunteer will have a single room with bathroom. She/He have to clean her/his room.
She/He will have all meals from the center kitchen (there`s no problem with vegetarian food) and
eat with the employees in the center.
Proposed activities for volunteers:
The work of the volunteer comprises all activities of the house, nursery school as well as educational training center. The volunteer will work closely with the employees of the house responsible for the different areas as well as with the guests.
* Assisting in youth exchange programs and excursions as well as in training seminars. This task area also comprises attending to the partners in Germany and other Western European countries.
* Assisting the teachers in looking after the nursery children, i.e. preparation and carrying out, games, walks and excursions.
* Developing and carrying through initiatives to integrate young people from the area into the work of Fundacja sw. Jadwigi as well as to motivate parents of nursery children to cooperate as best as possible with the school.
- the volunteer will learn about educational approaches in dealing with children;
- the volunteer will build on her/his organisational and educational skills as well as practise intercultural team work;
- the volunteer will learn Polish. She/He will take part in an intensive language course organised by the host organisation in cooperation with the University of Wroclaw every year in September.
Volunteer profiles and recruitment process:
From the volunteer we expect:
* love of country life,
* some organisational skills.
* experience in working with groups i.e. in school, community or clubs, on a voluntary basis,
* commitment to social work and social responsibility on the basis of human rights,
* commitment for handicapped, socially disadvantaged or poorly-off children, teenagers, adults and old people.
The basic level of Polish or German would be an advantage.
Risk prevention, protection and safety:
* They host organisation will provide the volunteer with the mentor.
* The mentor will meet regularly the volunteer to check on their progress and help to solve any
problems. They will also ensure long-standing support for the volunteer.
* Volunteers will be given any training necessary for them to carry out their tasks.
* Efforts will be made to help the volunteer to integrate into the local community.
* Volunteers will attend the on-arrival training organised by the National Agency or host
organisation as well as nationally organised mid-term meetings.
* Volunteers will take part in an intensive language course organised by the host organisation in
cooperation with the University of Wroclaw every year in September.
There are no special risks at the house Morawa.