|Verein:||Internationale Jugendgemeinschaftsdienste LV Berlin e.V.|
|Laufzeit:||August 2012 - August 2013|
|Sprache im Projekt:||Dänisch|
Mann oder Frau zwischen 18 und 30 Jahren
ACHTUNG: Bitte bewirb dich frühzeitig. Bewerbungen werden zwar das ganze Jahr über angenommen. Die Bewerber/innen werden jedoch monatlich zu Bewerbungstagen eingeladen und die Einsatzstellenplätze werden verteilt. Den Bewerbungsbogen findest du unter: www.ijgd.de/Bewerbung.96.0.html
Den Bewerbungsbogen findest du unter: http://www.ijgd.de/Bewerbung.98.0.html
Bei weiteren Fragen melde dich unter Tel.: 030-6120313-41.
Organized Leisure time activities including integration
of marginalized young People in the Danish harbour city, Faaborg
Bangsbo has existed since 1976 and works within the social and pedagogical area with children and young people from 10 to 25 years of age. The kids show up and participate on a free basis in the activities, Bangsbo arranges.
Bangsbo has 2 main divisions - a leisure time club with 70 members for teenagers aged 10 to 14 - and a regular youth club, planned to have 100 members, but right now, about 70 young people participate in the activities.
In addition to this Bangsbo has a girls club and motocross activities.
Bangsbo also has many different and creative workshops including sports and woodwork etc.
Our goals are:
1) To support and guide young people in their development towards being adults with good self understanding and confidence.
2) To help each individual to experience self esteem and to have an understanding of its value.
3) To support the young people in developing social commitment and in the feeling of importance.
4) To let the young people take responsibility for own decisions and actions
5) To support and develop competences of life.
6) To secure that the disadvantaged acquire the best possible basis to handle their own life situation
Description of the clubs:
We have a recreation centre (youth club) with 70 kids in the age 10 to 14. (4th to 7th grade.)
Good in- and outdoor facilities. Based on workshops: Woodshop, motocross workshop, gym, creative workshops, sailing in boats and kayaks etc.
Testing of different other activities
Open between 11:30 and 16:30. Fridays to 16:00.
The recreation centre follows the school holidays. However, it is only closed for 3 weeks in the summer holiday.
Youth club with room for app. 100 young people in the age 14(7th grade) to 25. Usually, around 70 people will attend the club throughout a semester.
Yearly trips abroad or fieldtrips.
Open Mondays and Wednesdays from 19:00 to 21:00
Semester runs from September 1. to May 31.
Junior club open for 6., 7. and 8. graders - every thuesday from 18.00 to 21.00.
Two girl clubs every Thursday between 16.00 - 18.30 and 19.00 - 21.30. 7 girls in each club.
Here the Semester follows the recreation centre: September through May
Bangsbo has a large motocross workshop which can be of great interest to young people who would elsewhere act out emotional conflicts in the roads.
The Bangsbo clubs have a close co-operation with BUR, the local schools, the production school, Børnehuset in Faaborg and other clubs in the district and SSP.
1) We take the time to listen to the young people.
2) We give the kids/young people time to concentrate on different matters.
3) We ensure that the teachers and the kids trust and respect each other.
4) We assure a good dialog and pupil participation at the club meetings.
5) We give the young people self-confidence by positive criticism, and credits.
6) We are setting up demands and clear limits.
7) We give the kids we-experiences by the help of good planning and the accomplishment of joint liabilities.
8) We help the kids by explaining their options in life and support their decisions.
9) We help the kids find their own qualities of life and their limitations.
10) We take contact to individuals for if considered necessary.
11) We do special projects with kids who have special needs.
12) We guide, advise and support the individual and give as much attention as we can.
13) We will not prejudge any kid.
To the volunteer, we can offer a socioeducational environment with good opportunities to work with kids and young people in the age 10 to 25. He will be able to switch between the different departments at Bangsbo. He will be introduced to the work in each of the departments at Bangsbo by the help and guidance from the teachers and after the introduction course he will be given different fields of activity. At all times he will have close contact with the institutional leader and his mentor.
In the EVS Host Organization the volunteer will help develop the European consciousness. For example by activities in the clubs and by assisting in the coming youth exhanges. At the same time he will be participating in the 60 hour volunteer class at Ungdomsskolen (The youth school). This team is based on the coming, present and old volunteers. The main purpose of this team is the exchange of experience between the young volunteers.
At Bangsbo, the volunteer is free to develop activities in which he has special preferences and abilities. It could be circus, music, theater or outdoor activities. Typical activities could also be to arrange an afternoon bonfire, a canoe trip or a workshop making soapbox carts, or…….
We prefer open, outgoing young people who can be good role models for kids.
Young people, who are motivated for working at clubs and who wants to use the experience as a part of their future career.
Young people who are self reliant and unprejudiced.
We, as organization, are open towards co-operation with all organizations, but we prefer that they are also willing to receive volunteers.
Ungdomsskolen and the whole staff has many years of experience in handling challenges connected to having young people away from home. We are experienced teachers, pedagogues and social workers and we are trained in solving crises and problems - huge as well as small - in close contact with the mentor, the leader and the EVS contact person, Ole Westergaard.