|Verein:||AFS Interkulturelle Begegnungen e.V.|
|Projekt:||English Language Teacher Assistant|
|Laufzeit:||ab August 2010 - 8 Monate|
|Sprache im Projekt:||keine Angaben|
Diese Stelle ist nicht mehr verfügbar!
Bewerbungsbeginn für die Abreise im Sommer eines Jahres ist immer der 1. September des Vorjahres. Bewerbungsschluss ist 30. September.
Bewerbungsbeginn für die Abreise Anfang eines Jahres ist immer der 1. März des Vorjahres. Bewerbungsschluss ist der 30. März.
The targetgroups are as follows: 1. High school graduates who prefer to gain experience abroad before going to college. 2. College students who need a period of internship in order to fulfill a degree requirement. 3. College graduates who prefer to start a teaching career abroad or gain more working experience for further study. 4. Persons who choose to do a teaching service abroad in lieu of a particular service. Qualifications: 1. Have English proficiency with good communication skills. 2. Possess the ability and willingness to work with smaller children and teenagers. 3. They must at least be high school graduates. 4. Male or female, 18 to 28 years old.Please note: it is very difficult to place smokers! Remarks:
1. Participant should accept the placement which AFS THA considered appropriate (Not equest to stay in big town, ...)2. During their stay, Participant should realize that AFS does not change the placement.3. Participant should accept school rule and willing to adjust and behave as other teachers in the school.4. Participant should understand the role as teacher assistant, not exchang e student.
Expectations of the volunteer:
Interest and experience with youngsters (15-18 years), experience with teaching preferable (educational background preferable), interest in Thai culture
Goals of the stay:
- to improve the English and German skills of the youngsters (listening and speaking),
- to get to know another culture (intercultural exchange)
Work of the volunteer:
- of the English classes with informal and playing methods
- of the German classes (if German is taught at the school)
- of sport-, art- and free time activities beyond the school classes (e.g. music, dances, art, sport, cooking, ...)
- 15 lessons per week (Monday to Friday 7h30a.m. - 4 p.m.)
- accommodation and bord at host families
- teaching material wil be provided
Placement and Supports:
Participants will either be hosted in a family or stay in a school’s residence. She/he will be assigned to work in secondary school, or elementary school classes. AFS Thailand currently has more than 500 host schools available in its network of 80 AFS Chapters nationwide. High quality participant supports are assured.
AFS Thailand have pre-negotiated with the host schools and it is agreed that each participant will not work more than 15 hours per week officially, an average of 3 hours per day from Monday to Friday. Naturally, she/he is required to put in times on her/his own to prepare lesson plans and help the teacher-in-charge on other duties. AFS Thailand have no objection for the participant to negotiate with the host school, once settling in, for additional hours of work or extra classes under mutual consent, as long as the arrangement benefits all parties concerned.
AFS Thailand will provide 3 orientations, one each at arrival, mid-stay, and pre-departure.
We will also encourage the participants to join school and local activities, as well as AFS activities being organized by local chapters and AFS Thailand during their stay. They will also have opportunities to visit other schools and educational institutions.
Participants will have opportunities to see more of Thailand on their own, with host families or with host schools, during weekends and short school holidays. They may be released from the program at its completion and travel on their own in Thailand.
Remark: Please be aware that a placememt will be taken placeintern and you don't have any influence in which school and region youwill come to. After the final placement only information about theregion will be given, a concrete address you will receive just shortlybefore departure.
Here you find a report of a weltwaerts participant.