|Verein:||AFS Interkulturelle Begegnungen e.V.|
|Projekt:||Working for the youth from poor family background|
|Laufzeit:||ab Juli / August 2010 - 12 Monate|
|Sprache im Projekt:||keine Angaben|
Diese Stelle ist nicht mehr verfügbar!
Bewerbungsbeginn für die Abreise im Sommer eines Jahres ist immer der 1. September des Vorjahres. Bewerbungsschluss ist 30. September.
Bewerbungsbeginn für die Abreise Anfang eines Jahres ist immer der 1. März des Vorjahres. Bewerbungsschluss ist der 30. März.
• 18-28 Jahre
• Notwendige Sprachkenntnisse in Englisch
Organisation:The NGO is not a school but it is a “rumah pembinaan” which means a house to build up knowledge, self confidence and skills. The students are aged between 10—25 years old and all come from poor families background. Some of them have dropped out of school because they cannot afford the fees, while the others continue with their formal schooling. The idea to build this place is because nowadays there are so many street children and the number of them increased greatly. We should do something, and our target are the children and teenagers who didn’t go to the street yet.
The students learn global knowledge, English, computers and sewing skills. Special activities such as cooking and sports are also provided. Students are encouraged to ask questions and talk about their problems and also open their hearts to the difficult situations of others. The tutors not only teach the students but are like friends and mentors to them also. Many of them, however, have not received formal teacher or youth worker training themselves, which is the main reason why this assignment is needed.
The organisation would benefit greatly from an individual who can help foster and mature the skills and knowledge of the current tutors. Someone with a broader life experience and knowledge of global issues, such as the environment, would also be able to help establish new programs & activities which our current staff have a limited capacity to do.
As a small foundation, we are also restricted in our ability to pay extra staff for things such as fundraising, networking or resource development, which is also where a volunteer could be of great assistance.
The concept of the running of the NGO is mutual trust, responsibility of everyone, teamwork, creativity and active input. It is important that any volunteer coming to the NGO understands and can work with the philosophy.
Volunteers Task:• Conducted workshops and training for tutors and pupils to improve their English skill
• Conducted motivation classes and trainings to develop self confidence of the students.
• Assist the students to develop their knowledge and their talents
• Assist the students to develop entrepreneurial ideas through providing support with basic business management, motivation, planning, etc.
• Develop activities to encourage students creativity
• Participate in extra activities such as environmental club or sports
• Assist in developing the interpersonal skills of the students
• Improved the members of the foundation and community’s knowledge and action of the environmental and other global issues.