|Verein:||AFS Interkulturelle Begegnungen e.V.|
|Laufzeit:||ab März und August 2010 - 12 Monate|
|Sprache im Projekt:||keine Angaben|
Diese Stelle ist nicht mehr verfügbar!
Bewerbungsbeginn für die Abreise im Sommer eines Jahres ist immer der 1. September des Vorjahres. Bewerbungsschluss ist 30. September.
Bewerbungsbeginn für die Abreise Anfang eines Jahres ist immer der 1. März des Vorjahres. Bewerbungsschluss ist der 30. März.
• English knowledge necessary
• interest in environmental issues
• good communicative skills
• ability to work independently
• Experience in working with students/ Teaching Experience
• Basic computer knowledge (Internet connection is provided)
Increase the environmental awareness amongst High School (14 -16 years) students
Field of work:• Education
• Environment and Ecology
• Administration and Organisation
The Eco Club is a program which was implemented by the Indian government in order to increase the environmental awareness of the citizens to solve the waste problem in India.
Teachers are overloaded with work so sessions in the local Eco Clubs don’t take place very often. The task of the volunteers is to disburden the teacher and to support the Eco Clubs by holding lessons and activities as well as offering materials.• Volunteers will monitor existing Eco Clubs to collect information about its procedures and its level of development in a school database.In addition to that, the volunteers will document the knowledge of the students and observe in which way the sessions are held, to be able to assume obligations for this club.
• To give the student a base of essential knowledge and to arouse the students' interest to get more active in environmental topics, the volunteers hold 5 sessions in every school.The sessions deal with the function of the Eco System, the impact of the human beings and the waste management solutions. As a special activity, the volunteers and the students will implement a recycling system at the particular school. All sessions are held in a vivid and interactive way
• For a more sustainable and successful continuation of the Eco Club, the volunteers also hold workshops with the responsible teacher and students in charge. These sessions contain teaching methods and didactics to spread new ideas how impart knowledge. Furthermore the volunteers prepare an Eco Club guide book. The guide book is a detailed collection of material, games, experiments as well as sources regarding environmental topics, which can be used by every Eco Club in the future.
• The sessions will be evaluated, reviewed and edited as well as expanded according the number of schools where Eco Club volunteers are implemented.
• The following year’s volunteers will assist the students on running Eco Clubs. The group of students that had received training the year before (now 9th standard) will now run the sessions with the help of the volunteers and perform the sessions with younger students. The last step will be the performance of the session without any help of volunteers. They can still be there for advice and assistance but our declared aim is to make Eco Clubs an integral part of Schools running independently from FSL volunteers.
The volunteer is encouraged to bring his/her own suggestions and creativity to the project.
You will be staying in a host family
The link of one weltwärts participant that is in this project at the moment: http://blogs.taz.de/weltwaerts-indien/