|Verein:||AFS Interkulturelle Begegnungen e.V.|
|Projekt:||Environment - Million Trees Project|
|Laufzeit:||ab August 2010 - 12 Monate|
|Sprache im Projekt:||keine Angaben|
Diese Stelle ist nicht mehr verfügbar!
Bewerbungsbeginn für die Abreise im Sommer eines Jahres ist immer der 1. September des Vorjahres. Bewerbungsschluss ist 30. September.
Bewerbungsbeginn für die Abreise Anfang eines Jahres ist immer der 1. März des Vorjahres. Bewerbungsschluss ist der 30. März.
• 18-28 years old
• English necessary
• Basic understanding of environment, ecology and conservation especially with respect to tropical/India
• Some background/learning about conservation / environmental science / botany / zoology / life science
The NGO was established in 1998 by a wellknown filmmaker and environmentalist with its key objective of spreading a message of environmental conservation through relevant, focused yet diverse programmes and activities.
These outreach activities are aimed at building awareness about various environmental issues and concerns among student communities, organisations, corporate entities and the masses, in a simple yet effective manner. This will hopefully create an eco-conscious culture which will help protect and improve existing ecological and environmental conditions in both urban and rural areas. The activities include ongoing research based projects and programmes, thematic campaigns, field studies, surveys and documentation in collaboration with our technical associates-inspired and dedicated people who offer us the wealth of their experience and expertise.
Our local and regional outreach programmes involve communities across the state and help them address key environmental issues in their areas. This is done with the help of strategies that are sustainable and self-empowering.
More importantly, the campaigns for a simpler lifestyle through the development of small towns as growth centres rather than megacities, mass transport as mode of travel, development of peri-urban centres as buffer zones between cities and villages, decentralization of industrial and economic activities and promotion of cleaner technologies.
The Objectives:• Create awareness on the importance of safeguarding our environment through workshops, seminars and field-studies
• Promote and encourage research in environment, conservation and sustainable development
• Implement field projects to improve, enrich and enhance environmental quality and protect existing/fast disappearing ecosystems
• Inform and influence individuals/institutions whose decisions affect the environment and ecology and in turn, human existence on this planet
• Produce multi lingual resource & information material such as films, posters, publications etc., and telecast/distribute them to reach out to a larger audience
The work:• Liasoning / networking with partner organisations/supporters/corporates, etc.
• Represent the NGO at specified programmes and projects
• Organizing events, campaigns and other activities
• Documentation of the activities of the organisation
• Carry out field based activities at various project sites (watering, pit-making, tree-planting, field monitoring, etc.)