|Verein:||AFS Interkulturelle Begegnungen e.V.|
|Projekt:||Working with kids|
|Laufzeit:||ab July-September 2010 - 12 Monate|
|Sprache im Projekt:||keine Angaben|
Diese Stelle ist nicht mehr verfügbar!
Bewerbungsbeginn für die Abreise im Sommer eines Jahres ist immer der 1. September des Vorjahres. Bewerbungsschluss ist 30. September.
Bewerbungsbeginn für die Abreise Anfang eines Jahres ist immer der 1. März des Vorjahres. Bewerbungsschluss ist der 30. März.
• Preferred age of the volunteers: 18-28 years
• An interest in teaching and a liking for children is preferred
• The Participant must be authentic, creative, communicative team player who is self-reliant, progressive and de- bendable, with sense of humor and who loves to play with children.
• Good interaction with children and teenagers, perseverance and punctuality.
• If possible, come to Dominican Republic with some information about similar centers in your home country so you can share this material with the center here.
The NGO was founded on 1979, when a group of eleven Dominicans who were worried after the results of hurricanes David and Federico, who rapidly responded the call of the former First Lady of the Republic, Mrs. Renée Klang de Guzmán, and the Austrian Consul Mr. Juan Ostreicher, to care for abandoned children and youth by group in communities similar to families”. The founder who became an orphan of a mother when he was very young felt the need of protecting orphaned and abandoned children who were straying the streets of Europe after the Second World War.
Focus Areas:• Children and family
• Children's rights
• Children and health
• Children and education
• Emergency relief
• Strengthening women
• Volunteer Work Activities
Your work will consist in supporting the staff with the care of children’s daily needs, spending time with them, initiating games.
Even though there are many works in children’s area this organization does not have enough staff. They really need help. And also children need more attention from other people because they cannot get attention from there parents. By placing international volunteers, the organization expects children to get an opportunity to meet people who can give them affection and spent valuable time with volunteers instead of doing only the usual routine.
According to your interests you can organize some activities like music, dance and craft. Since children live this shelter they don’t have many opportunities to go to other places.
In this project there are many opportunities you can develop.