|Verein:||AFS Interkulturelle Begegnungen e.V.|
|Laufzeit:||ab September 2010 - 12 Monate|
|Sprache im Projekt:||keine Angaben|
Diese Stelle ist nicht mehr verfügbar!
Bewerbungsbeginn für die Abreise im Sommer eines Jahres ist immer der 1. September des Vorjahres. Bewerbungsschluss ist 30. September.
Bewerbungsbeginn für die Abreise Anfang eines Jahres ist immer der 1. März des Vorjahres. Bewerbungsschluss ist der 30. März.
Prefered age of the volunteers: 18-28 years
Necessary language skills: Fluent English
Talent for working with children,
Ability to create an effective classroom learning environment,
Conflict-resolving and record-keeping abilities.
Research and communication skills
Power to influence, motivate, and train others.
High level of patience and creativity.
Tactfulness and ability to persuade.
Good sense of humor and imagination are needed to adapt activities to individual needs;
Physical coordination or at least good will to demonstrate or participate in recreational activities are desirable.
Founded in 1998 this NGO is responsible for creating individuals and groups responsible for the administration of their own enterprises, making them Entrepreneurs and Administrators, agents of their social and economic change.
Their mission is promoting human and community development, aiming the strech of the capacity of organization of groups and communities through management of the own community and productive learning.
The institution considers the human potencial the key for action and intends to strengthen the projects with the help of the own community members and local institutions, gaining autonomy and sustainability.
The Project Expressões do Futuro, which means Expressions of the Future, is an educational program focused on young people from the community of Praia do Futuro, in Fortaleza – the capital of the state of CEARA. The group assisted
by the project gathers around 100 kids from 07 to 17 years old benefited by the introduction of social actions applied to improvemet of personal potentialities and discovery of individual talents. The project offers educational, artistic, cultural, sportive, recreational and leisure activities, as well as strategies for Digital inclusion, socialization and strengthen of family ties.
What will the volunteer do?
The volunteer should work in the NGO working hours, which is from 9:00 a.m.
till 18:00 p.m. including lunch break.
The volunteer will be involved in the main activities of the project which are:
reinforcement lessons (Math, Portuguese, Sciences, Reading, PE, Music and
Arts); workshops in Human Rights, Ethics and Human Relations;
Environmental Education; Entrepreneurship classes and training for Work
Experience. The learning method is very interactive and the agenda is fulfilled
with Games, Fairs, Contests, etc.
The tasks and responsibilities to be taken by the volunteers are:• Act as facilitators or coaches, eoraging interactive discussions and
• suggesting hands-on learning exercises to help students learn and apply
• concepts in subjects such as Science, Math or English.
• Guiding students to delve more deeply into subjects and expose them to more information about the world from a culturally diverse perspective.
• Teaching motor skill development and gymnastics classes.
• Planning and organizing recreational and educational activities.
• Impact the lives of at-risk youth by their positive influence.
• Assisting teaches with continous mentoring to ensure the students are
• safe and engaged in productive behaviors;
• Working with students to develop effective problem-solving skills and useful life strategies;
• Leading outdoor activities, supervising classroom and academic studies, involving students in community service projects.