|Verein:||AFS Interkulturelle Begegnungen e.V.|
|Laufzeit:||ab September 2010 - 12 Monate|
|Sprache im Projekt:||keine Angaben|
Diese Stelle ist nicht mehr verfügbar!
Bewerbungsbeginn für die Abreise im Sommer eines Jahres ist immer der 1. September des Vorjahres. Bewerbungsschluss ist 30. September.
Bewerbungsbeginn für die Abreise Anfang eines Jahres ist immer der 1. März des Vorjahres. Bewerbungsschluss ist der 30. März.
Prefered age of the volunteers: 18-28 years
English conversational skills
Above all, the volunteer must be very communicative, outgoing, and open-minded, as s/he will deal with youngsters and will have intense contact with the local community.
It is also desirable a person that has some knowledge, interest or qualification in at least one of those fields:
Education or Pedagogy
Cultural expressions, as Theater, Arts or Dance
Sports or related activities
Psychology or Social Service.
It is settled in Rio de Janeiro, with local offices in the states of Ceará, Minas Gerais, São Paulo and Sergipe. Founded in 1998, NGO stimulates individuals and groups responsible for the administration of their own enterprises, making them Entrepreneurs and Administrators, agents of their social and economic change.
The mission is promoting human and community development, aiming the stretch of organization capacity of groups and communities through management of the own community and productive learning. The institution considers the human potential the key for action and intends to strengthen the projects with the help of the own community members and local institutions, gaining autonomy and sustainability.
The target is low-income population, groups at social risk, community groups, governmental agencies (City or State level).
The strategic areas of action are:Creation, execution and evaluation of Governmental, Private and institutional (National and International) projects of under public requests;
Creation of projects in accordance with our view of society needs anddemands and looking for partnerships to develop them;
Assistance, mainly to State and Municipal Policies in the social area, pecially jobs and income salaries.
The institution, through the years, has developed project with many partners and projects in the following fields:
- Social and Economic Entrepreneur
- Education for Development
- Assistance to Social Policy Management
- Human Rights
- Local Economic Development
- Entrepreneur Youth
- Health and Community Management
- Knowledge Production
The Project Poupança Jovem (Young Savings in English) put together three special points:
education, community action and job and income boost.
One of the great difference of approach of this programa is to add, in a single social project, several aspects of the young life, as education, job market, entrepreneurial (job and income generation), action within the community (fight against violence), health, culture, sport, leisure, family, among others.
Looking at the youngsters under a complete perspective and as the constructor of a fairer
The target is young students of public schools, who are attending the 1st year of High School.
The project serves 5,000 young from the city of Ribeirão das Neves, which lies around the state Capital.
The project started in July of 2007 and is scheduled to run in two years, and aims clear goals, which are:• Develop a module with subjects of interest of the young as introduction strategy for the Program;
• Implement a Digital Young Network for each region assisted by the project, making possible to the young the access to digital services;
• Provide access to basic computer skills for the youngsters in the project to prepare them for the job market;
• Develop cultural workshops, in the theater, art and dances fileds;
• Develop sport and leisure workshops as a strategy for awareness and spreading peace and fairness associated with the sport activity;
• Contribute with the quality of schooling offering school reinforcement;
• Stimulate the Youth as agents of transformation, through the development of community actions;
• Elaborate standards for a local social protection network, with joint cooperation between diverse services and the social workers of the program;
• Facilitate to the access to the local social protection network by identification and reference of the needs of the young and the families;
• Stimulate the participation of the young in Forums;
• Elaborate a regular publication of the program, as an instrument of enpowerment of pro-activeYouthful and spreading of such actions.
What will the volunteer do?
The project develops activities in a variety of fields, so the volunteer can fit in in many areas.
Depending on his qualification, he will be assigned for the workshops, lectures and events of his specialty. He is expected to actively participate and contribute, following the Program already set.
If he shows interest and good understanding of the areas, he could be invited to work in different workshops and activities held in the project.